Most applications typically require at least 3 months processing time, which includes time for the applicant to prepare application materials.
The better and clearer your plans describe your project, the faster City staff can process your application. Please note:
- Failure to provide any of the required information at the time of application may result in a processing delay
- No documents marked “preliminary” or “not for construction” will be accepted
- Building plans, as required by State Licensing Boards, shall bear the seal and signature of the architect or engineer responsible for their design
- Applications cannot be processed or routed for any reviews until all requested information has been provided, and the required plan check fees have been paid
- It is possible that additional plans, calculations, supporting data, or other information may be required as a part of Plan Review to confirm compliance with all applicable Codes
- Contact the Fire Prevention Bureau at 528-5775 as soon as possible (prior to finalizing your plans) to find out the Albany Fire Department requirements specific to your project or improvement.
Due to staffing constraints, all building permit plans are reviewed by a third-party consulting firm. To learn more about the companies that provide this service for the City of Albany, click on the following links: