Garage Sale Information
It shall be unlawful for any person, firm, group, corporation, association, or organization to sell or offer for sale any clothing, furniture, appliances, bric-a-brac or furnishings from a dwelling within the City where the general public is invited to participate by signs or advertising, known as garage sales, backyard sales, patio sales, attic sales, flea market sales or rummage sales, without obtaining a permit therefore and conforming to the regulations which follow.
- No permit shall be approved and no such sale shall be permitted for more than two (2) days within any fifteen (15) day period
- No more than two (2) such permits shall be issued in any calendar year in any location
- Permits expire 60 days after they are issued
- Have your permit available for inspection at the sale site
- Signs are limited to one only, with a maximum size of three (3) square feet. It may be displayed on the property at which the sale is being held.
- No signs may be placed on poles or trees that are on public property
- No obstructions
- Nothing may be placed on the sidewalk or in the street which would obstruct or prevent the use of it by the public, or which would cause a hazard.
1. Complete Garage Sale Permit Application
2. Bring application, at least three (3) days prior to the sale, to the Finance Department and pay the Garage Sale Permit Fee of $11.75 (Valid for 60 days)
Bring the following information:
- Name of the person, firm, group, corporation, association or organization conducting such sale
- Location of proposed sale
- A reasonable inventory of the goods to be offered for sale, the approximate length of time the applicant has owned such goods or merchandise and a statement certifying that all goods to be sold are owned by applicant
- Day or days which the proposed sale is to be conducted
- The date and nature of any past sale held by applicant subject to the regulations herein