The Public Works Department is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the City’s infrastructure including public facilities, parks, streets and other public right-of-ways, street trees, storm inlets and sanitary sewers. The department is also responsible for oversight of portions of the Albany Waterfront and Bulb. Public Works is committed to exceptional customer service, quality work, innovation and efficiency in operations.
Public Works is responsible for the maintenance of over 24 acres of community parks, greenbelts, street medians and trees within the public right-of-way.
Regular maintenance activities include: mowing turf, irrigation repair, hedging, litter and weed control, pruning trees for vehicle and pedestrian clearance, cleaning storm drains in the winter, and cleaning-up downed trees and other storm and accident damages.
Public Works is responsible for pothole repair, graffiti abatement, street sweeping, street light and traffic signal repair, street sign repair and replacement, pavement markings and a host of other activities to keep the City streets clean and functioning.
Make a Service Request for any of the following:
- Potholes and other minor street repair
- Reflective markers on City-maintained streets that need repair
- Street traffic signs that need repair or replacement
- Street lights and traffic signals that need maintenance
- Pavement markings that need maintenance (i.e. STOP or YIELD legends, double yellow center line, bike lanes, etc.)
- Tree planting and trimming
- Storm grates that are broken, loose or missing
- Streets that are flooded due to storms
- Storm water inlets or drainage ditches that are filled with debris
- Streets that need cleaning because of a spill
- Graffiti found on public property or in areas visible from the public right-of-way
- Trash in the public right-of-way or illegal dumping
Please include a description of the problem and an exact location.