The City of Albany provides both residential and commercial collection services for recycling, organics and trash through a franchise agreement with Waste Management of Alameda County, approved by City Council in October 2011.
Did You Know?
- The City of Albany has the highest diversion rate in the county at 84%
- The majority of Albany residents are actively composting food scraps
- The majority of Albany businesses recycle and use organics services to compost food scraps
Find out where to recycle anything!
Do you have questions about Waste Management, Trash, Recycling or Organics?
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions Page!
- Senior Discount Form: Seniors 62 years of age and older recieve a 20% discount on service.
- Disabled Service Form: residents with an ongoing physical disability that prevents them from being able to wheel a cart curbside may qualify for an exemption to curbside service (carts will be serviced from location as designated by resident - typically side or backyard)
- Micro Can Form: a 10-gallon micro can is available for trash for those generating very little trash
Waste Management Service Rates
The current rates for collection services can be found here.
Decrease Trash=Decrease Costs: Residents may qualify for reduced garbage service levels including a 20-gallon or 10-gallon container at a reduced cost. Contact Waste Management of Alameda County for these service changes (510) 613-8710.