I grew up in Albany attending our public schools. For twenty years I led the Lake Tahoe conservation group known by the motto “Keep Tahoe Blue.” I came home to Albany to care for my mother in her last years, and decided to stay.
Former Executive Director of Congregation Netivot Shalom; and Coordinator of Jewish Family and Children’s Services (JFCS) meal program, arranging for meals to be delivered to local Holocaust survivors and other elders.
In recent years, I also maintained a law practice serving mainly seniors and nonprofit organizations, and have served as Interim Director of Refugee and Immigrant Services for JFCS.
- UC Berkeley, major in philosophy
- Hastings College of the Law, J.D.
- Teaching: Lake Tahoe Community College (business law, philosophy, ethics),
- Sierra Nevada College (land use & environmental review)
- Advisory Board, Citizens for East Shore Parks
- Albany Landfill Dog Owners Group (ALDOG)
- Board of Directors, Chaparral House (local nonprofit nursing home)
- Waterfront Committee
- Parks & Recreation Commission
- Executive Committee, EarthShare California
- Steering Committee for Presidential Forum on Lake Tahoe
- Co-chair, Tahoe Transportation & Water Quality Coalition
- Founding member, General Assistance Advocacy Project (volunteer representation for
homeless individuals and others in need of public assistance)
Ends December 2018