Looking for a great guide to a more sharing, connected, and sustainable future for our neighborhoods-get the book The Sharing Solution!
Janelle and Emily, both local attorneys and enthusiastic sharers, have put together a practical and legal guide to help people share in various realms of life-everything from sharing a car to forming a childcare co-op. Our neighborhoods present fertile ground for successful sharing arrangements this book talks about how neighbors are getting creative, sharing resources, and building community. Here are few ideas from the book.
- Form a neighborhood home repair group
- Share a car with a neighbor
- Remove fences between homes
- Form a neighborhood tool-lending "library"
- Cooperate to meet child, elder, and pet care needs
- Share meals and/or trade leftovers
- Share yard space for food cultivation
- Form buying clubs to save on bulk purchases
- And more!
They also have a wonderful website!
Last updated: 10/29/2010 5:34:30 PM