The City is accepting applications for the Sculpture Loan Program from March 1 – June 1, 2018. Up to three art sculptures will be selected to be installed for display along the Ohlone Greenway. Recent improvements to the Greenway, offer an opportunity to display new sculptures in a variety of mediums.
How to Apply:
Submit Sculpture Loan Application along with requested information by June 1, 2018 to:
Albany Community Center
Attn: Arts Committee/Sculpture Loan Program
1249 Marin Avenue
Albany, CA 94706
Standards of Review criteria outlined in the City of Albany Public Arts Master Plan on page 59 will be used by the Arts Committee to review all submissions.
Upon selection, the artist and City will enter into a 2-year loan agreement.
Artist’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Transportation and delivery of the sculpture to the site, and for installation of the sculpture on the base.
• Removal of the sculpture from the site, and for transportation of the sculpture away from the site.
• All costs and expenses of transportation, delivery, installation and removal of the sculpture.
• Sculpture maintenance, including costs and expenses associated with maintenance.
The City of Albany will:
• Provide and maintain an identification plaque
• Promote the installation on the City website
• Provide a $1,000 stipend to help defray costs
At the conclusion of the 2-year loan agreement, based on mutual agreement, one of the following will apply:
• Albany Arts Committee and Artist agree to continue loan for an additional two (2) years
• Artist removes sculpture
• Artist (or 3rd party) donates sculpture to City
• Artist sells sculpture to City or 3rd party
For additional information about the Sculpture Loan Program, contact Eva Phalen.