Albany is a great place to do business! We are a small, densely populated city within the much larger East Bay market area. We welcome entrepreneurs and value independent and locally owned businesses in our community. Our staff is committed to helping you navigate through our process, and we hope that you will call Albany "home" for your business.
- If you are looking for commercial space in Albany visit our Space Available link, or contact us for direct information on vacancies in Albany. We also encourage you to contact the Albany Chamber of Commerce and the Solano Avenue Association for information on our community and for general assistance and advice about running a business in Albany.
- In order to learn more about about zoning and permitting requirements, you can contact our Planning Department, who can also be reached at (510) 528-5765. For additional online information, visit the Community Development Department online, or call at (510) 528-5760.
- Obtain building permits and other approvals from the Community Development and Fire Departments for proposed modifications to the site, including new construction, renovation, and signs.
- Obtain a Business License from the Finance & Administrative Services Department.
- An excellent resource for Financing and Technical Assistance for new and existing businesses is the East Bay Economic Development Alliance, (EBEDA.org) a regional umbrella organization that offers a broad range of assistance to businesses in our area. We urge anyone starting up or expanding a business to visit their website and in particular to review their business resources and incentives page.
For Information on Utilities: