Enjoy the ride and park responsibly!
The City of Albany is excited to announce a six month pilot program to test and experience bike sharing around town. LimeBike, a bike sharing operator headquartered in San Mateo, will be leading the pilot program. Effective February 2018, about 100 LimeBikes will be made available throughout the City for riders. The bikes will be accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
The easy-to-use bikes can be unlocked and paid for using the LimeBike smartphone app. Rides cost $1 per 30 minutes. Bikes may be parked and left in appropriate locations such as by bike racks and sidewalks away from pedestrian walkways. Bikes may NOT block driveways, entryways, crossroads, bus stops, wheelchair accessible areas, or be left on the ground.
All riders are encouraged to wear a helmet and everyone under 18 is required by law to wear a helmet.
Problems with the LimeBikes?
Report any issue directly to LimeBike’s 24/7 customer service:
Call or text: 1-888-LIME-345 (1-888-546-3345) Email: email@example.com
The City of Albany wants to hear about your LimeBike experience.
During the six month pilot (January-June 2018), send us your comments on how the program is working and improvements we can make to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information will be used to assess user experiences and the dockless system in Albany. At the end of the six month pilot, the City will determine how to best implement bike sharing in Albany.
How to LimeBike:
1. Download the LimeBike app and find an available bike.
2. Scan or enter the bike’s plate number into the app to unlock the bike.
3. Strap on your helmet, ride and enjoy!
4. Responsibly park bike by a bike rack or other appropriate bicycle parking location.
5. Lock the bike’s back wheel and sign out of the app.
Content for sharing around town:
- LimeBike - How to Park (pdf)
- LimeBike Promotional Flyer 1 (pdf)
- LimeBike Promotional Flyer 2 (pdf)
- Educational Video: Take to the Rides: Your Dockless Destination Awaits
- Educational Video: Stop trying to park me, and PARK me! - How to #LimeRight