Albany's Official Running Club
Running Club Schedule:
Get in the best shape of your life – go running! Run Around Town Sundays (RATS) running club meets every Sunday morning at 8:00 am, for a pre-planned short run or a longer run–your choice.
All ages and abilities, tortoises and hares. Ongoing. Free!
Location: Meet up at Suzette Crepe Cafe, 1226 Solano Ave., Albany, CA 94706
Time: 8:00–9:30 am, Sundays
Runs start promptly at 8:00 am, so come 5 minutes early!
Equipment Requirements: Comfortable workout clothes and good running shoes
Sunday Routes and Pace:
All ages and abilities. Organizers will pre plan two or three running routes (depending on participation), a short slow 3 miler (12 minute per mile pace), a 5 mile run (10 minute per mile pace), and a longer, faster 7 miler (8-9 minute per mile pace). New routes every week.
- NEW - Long sleeve Club Tee Shirts available at Transports on Solano Ave., Berkeley, CA
- Marin Monster 10K - September 17, 2017 - Start training for this fun annual tradition that kicks off Albany Local Week (September 17-24). The Marin Monster 10K Fun Run is exactly that….a monster of a run! Head straight up Marin Avenue and then weave your way back to the Albany Community Center. Registration ($30) is required. Click here for registration form. For additional information, call (510) 524-9283 or email Bell.
- RATS Third Anniversary Run - February 5th, 2017: We run from Albany to the Bay Bridge, via the Bay Trail, you choose your mileage. Run three miles, run 18 miles, or any miles in between. Aid station at Sea Breeze Market. Free Event.
- Increase your weekly mileage by only 10% (not more) to prevent injuries such as shin splints.
- Wear good shoes for your ability and style. It is useful for a beginner to buy shoes at a store with a return policy (i.e. allows returns after running in the shoes). Sometimes that pain is not your form, or your level of experience, but the wrong shoes.
- Have fun! If you are not having fun, you will quit. Go your own speed, take breaks, talk with friends. You are outside getting fresh air - that is always fun!
- Avoid traffic. Be careful if you choose to wear headphones. You might not hear the cars.
- Don't give up! You might feel lazy, but as soon as you lace up your shoes and get outside you will feel better.