Recreation & Community Services Department will host the City's 4th annual 4th of July Diaper Derby! The Derby will start at 2 pm. Register at the Diaper Derby table by 1:30 pm. We will award prizes to the top finishers in each division.
Crawlers: 6-10 months (10 feet)
Crawlers: 11+ months (15 feet)
Tippy Toe Toddlers: 11-24 months
Tippy Toe Toddlers: 24-30 months
Basic Derby Rules:
- All contestants must crawl on their hands and knees (or scoot) the entire length of the race to be eligible for prize consideration.
- Crawlers who walk or go to their hands and feet must be returned to the starting line.
- Parents or handlers can coax their children but from behind the finish line only.
- No parent or handler may at any time reach across the finish line to assist his or her child over the finish line to assist his or her child over the finish line.
- Each race is over when a baby touches the finish line with any part of his or her body.
- The decision of the judges is final.
Check out all of the action at this year's 4th of July Celebration!