Albany Police Department Press Release
Albany Police Department - Community Bulletin
Protect Yourself from Car Burglary During the Holidays
Post Date:12/05/2019 11:29 AM
Return to full list >>
PROTECT YOURSELF FROM CAR BURGLARY DURING THE HOLIDAYS
The holiday season brings out those looking to steal unattended gifts and valuables while you are shopping. Consider these safety tips from the Albany Police Department to prevent being the victim of a car burglary.
- Keep packages out of sight.
- Place packages in your trunk if you have one.
- When placing packages in your car, take a look around and see if anyone appears to be watching you. If you are concerned, drive your car to another parking space before continuing with more shopping.
- Keep your purse, wallet and cell phone under your physical control at all times. Also, keep your purse zipped up when browsing in crowded locations.
- Keep your car free of tempting objects. A purse, shoulder bag, backpack, gym bag, computer bag, or shopping bag may all look inviting to a thief. It only takes minutes of their time to find out if your bag contains something valuable.
- Burglars really do use Bluetooth Scanners to find laptops and phones in your car. Keep electronic devices off when stored in your car.
- If you see something suspicious or a car burglary in progress, call the police department.
- Emergencies, call 911
- Non-Emergency, (510) 525-7300
FOR MORE SAFETY TIPS OR QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE ALBANY POLICE DEPARTMENT:
1000 San Pablo Ave. Albany, CA 94706 • 1 + (510) 525-7300 Emergencies: 911