Building Code Requirements & References:
All of the following codes and ordinances may be viewed at the Community Development Department front desk.
- California Building Standards Code
- City of Albany Building and Housing Ordinance
- City of Albany Grading Ordinance
- Uniform Code for the Abatement of Dangerous Buildings
- California Health & Safety Code
- City of Albany Flood Damage Prevention Regulations Ordinance
- see Chapter XX section 20.52 under Land Development in City Municipal Code
- Sanitary Sewer Lateral Requirements
- Drainage Policy
- Fire Prevention
Code Enforcement responds to concerns regarding illegal construction or deterioration of buildings that affect the quality of life of nearby residents.
Following is a listing of the most common violations that can require Code Enforcement by the City.
- Construction in violation of City noise standards
- Inspection of potentially unsafe or unhealthy buildings
- Construction of buildings in violation of building code or zoning standards
- Illegal outdoor storage
- Operation of businesses in residential districts
If you notice a violation in your neighborhood, please contact the Community Development Director to report the violation.