Neighborhood Watch is focused on keeping you and your neighbors as safe as possible. You are a very important part of keeping your neighborhood safe because you may be the first set of eyes and ears to see something suspicious and report it. The Albany Police Department would like to partner with you to provide training about how to more accurately report this suspicious activity and to encourage you to watch out for each other’s safety.
The Albany Police Department will come to your neighborhood, provide training on personal safety and home security, answer your questions, communicate with you regularly and help you understand your role in keeping your neighborhood as safe as possible.
The requirements for becoming a Neighborhood Watch block include:
- Hold two Neighborhood Watch meetings the first year
- Complete a roster of member's names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses
- Complete a neighborhood map
- Select a Block Captain and a Co-Captain or alternate
- Meet at least once a year after the first year and maintain a current map and roster
Your role includes finding a meeting location, advertising the meeting and scheduling a training session with the Police Department.