A shelter-in-place order is in effect for all Alameda County residents. City facilities are closed and non-essential meetings and events are cancelled.  Find more information here.

Public Works provides a wide range of services for the City including engineering, improvements to streets, sewers, and storm drains; repair and maintenance of City infrastructure; tree planting, and maintenance; transportation planning; street sweeping, graffiti abatement, and installation/maintenance of street signs.

For reporting sidewalk issues, please call 1 + (510) 524-9543 or submit a service request.

For information on upcoming Public Works construction around town, please see posted construction alerts

For information on private sewer lateral repair/replacement work with permits, please contact the Community Development Department at 1 + (510) 528-5760 or visit the East Bay Regional Private Sewer Lateral Program.

A portion of the street maintenance and rehabilitation funds for Albany Public Works is provided by Measure B and Measure BB, the sales tax measures for transportation purposes administered by the Alameda County Transportation Commission. The Alameda County Transportation Commission website can be viewed at this address:

 PLEASE NOTE: To report illicit discharges, sanitary sewer overflows, or other urgent Public Works related issues after normal business hours (after 5 pm on Monday through Friday) and weekends, please call Albany Police non-emergency number: 1 + (510)-525-7300.