The City of Albany holds two annual shoreline cleanups per year in partnership with the Watershed Project. Join us to pick up trash along the waterfront and create fun art with objects found. Learn about local efforts to protect our watersheds. FREE refreshments will be provided for nourishment as you work hard to clean up our environment!
Where: Albany Waterfront, at the end of Buchanan Street
When: Earth Day Weekend (a Saturday in mid-April) and Coastal Cleanup Day (3rd Saturday in September). Check the current Activity Guide or The Watershed Project's Event Calendar for exact dates and details.
Other Cleanup Events: Several other beach cleanups are held every year through a partnership with the East Bay Regional Park District and ALDOG. Check their website for upcoming events.
- We will provide tools and gloves. If you have your own pair of gloves and a bucket, please bring them so everyone gets a chance to pitch in.
- Bring your own reusable water bottle.
- Wear comfortable clothing and sturdy closed-toe shoes.
- Let us know if your party has multiple people.
- Children MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- Valid for Community Service hours
This project is sponsored by The Watershed Project and The City of Albany in partnership with Citizens for East Shore Parks and East Bay Regional Park District. We look forward to seeing you at the Albany Waterfront!