EBMUD Lifts Drought Restrictions But Urges Continued Conservation Practices
Outdoor Water Restrictions
The following outdoor watering restrictions are in place until June 30, 2016, and some will be folded into EBMUD’s permanent rules:
- Water outdoor no more than two days per week.
- Water before 9 a.m. and after 6 p.m.
- No watering of ornamental turf on public street medians allowed.
- No washing of driveways and sidewalks; except as needed for health and safety.
- Use only hoses with shutoff nozzles to wash vehicles.
- Turn off fountains or decorative water features unless the water is recirculated.
- Use of hydrant water outside the EBMUD service area is prohibited.
- Use a broom or air blower, not water, to clean hard surfaces such as driveways and sidewalks, except as needed for health and safety purposes.
If you are a low-income residential customer or are experiencing financial hardship, please call 1 + (866) 403-2683 or visit their website to learn about EBMUD’s Customer Assistance Program.