NOW ACCEPTING ONLINE APPLICATIONS! for vacancies
Positions will be open until filled.
Albany's Boards, Commissions and Committees have a specified number of members. Generally, each City Council Member appoints one or more members to the particular advisory body and these appointees have a term concurrent with the elected term of the appointing Council Member.
List of Boards, Commissions and Committees
- Arts Committee
- Charter Review Committee
- Community Media Access Committee
- Economic Development Committee
- Financial Advisory Committee
- Library Board
- Park & Recreation Commission
- Planning & Zoning Commission
- Police & Fire Pension Board
- Social & Economic Justice Commission
- Climate Action Committee (formally known as Sustainability Committee)
- Transportation Commission (formally known as Traffic & Safety Commission)
- Retired Advisory Bodies
- Berkeley/Albany Mental Health Commission (City of Berkeley link) -- link to current opening for City of Albany seat
In accordance with the Maddy Act, City of Albany encourages residents of Albany to apply for positions on the City of Albany Boards, Commissions and Committees listed below. The City of Albany values community participation in City government and welcomes the opportunity for residents to serve on the City's Advisory Bodies to the City Council.
Pursuant to the City of Albany Charter and Advisory Body Handbook, Board, Commission and Committee members are to serve a two-year term with the term ending in December of even-number years, which coincides with the certification of the results of the General Municipal Election. Current appointees shall serve for a period of up to 45 days after the certification of the municipal election until the appointee is reappointed or replaced, whichever is sooner. Additionally, per City of Albany Resolution No. 08-59, the reappointments or new appointments are to commence their terms no sooner than January 1 after the certification of the election held for the election of Council Members in November.