FILMING PERMIT APPLICATION GUIDELINES
1. Please fill out the filming permit application form. Attach a detailed description of the project if needed.
2. Please submit your certificate of insurance at the same time as the permit application.
3. Noticing of neighboring residences and businesses is required unless applicant can show that it is not applicable. Notices should be distributed 48 hours before any filming activity is to take place. Notices should include the location, dates and times of all anticipated filming activities, including anticipated set-up and break-down times. Notices should include a contact number for the filming applicant. The City’s contact number (528-5710) should also be included on the notice.
4. If filming will be in or near a City Park, filming times must be within the regular open hours of the park, unless a specific request for additional times is requested and granted by the Recreation and Community Services Director. Depending upon the request, a signature survey of adjacent neighbors may be requested in this situation.
5. Film permit fees are per City’s Master Fee Schedule ($385.50 per day in 2018, plus any city cost) and the fee for an encroachment permit that may be required if the filming impacts the public right-of-way (sidewalks, parking, etc.) . The City’s Master Fee Schedule may be found online at www.albanyca.org. Student films and non-profit films may request a waiver of fees.
City of Albany
1000 San Pablo Avenue
Albany, CA 94706