Albany's Official Running Club
Running Club Schedule:
Get in the best shape of your life – go running! Run Around Town Sundays (RATS) running club meets every Sunday morning at 8:00 am, for a pre-planned short run or a longer run–your choice.
All ages and abilities, tortoises and hares. Ongoing. Free!
Location: Meet up at Suzette Crepe Cafe, 1226 Solano Ave., Albany, CA 94706
Time: 8:00–9:30 am, Sundays
Runs start promptly at 8:00 am, so come 5 minutes early!
Equipment Requirements: Comfortable workout clothes and good running shoes
Sunday Routes and Pace:
All ages and abilities. Organizers will pre plan two or three running routes (depending on participation), a short slow 3 miler (12 minute per mile pace), a 5 mile run (10 minute per mile pace), and a longer, faster 7 miler (8-9 minute per mile pace). New routes every week.
2019 / 2020 Events:
- NEW - Long sleeve Club Tee Shirts available at Transports on Solano Ave., Berkeley, CA
- Marin Monster 10K - September 22, 2019 - Registration opens Friday, June 1st, until race day. Register online here. Start training for this fun annual tradition that kicks off Albany Local Week (September 22-29). The Marin Monster 10K Fun Run is exactly that….a monster of a run! Head straight up Marin Avenue and then weave your way back to the Albany Community Center. Registration ($30) is required. Click here for our 2019 registration form. Registrants who enter after September 1st can not be guaranteed a Marin Monster Shirt. For additional information or to volunteer for this event, call 1 + (510) 524-9283 or email Bell.
- RATS Fourth Anniversary Run - February 2nd, 2020: We run a TBA route from Suzette's Crepes and back again, and cap it of with a raffle of prizes.
- Increase your weekly mileage by only 10% (not more) to prevent injuries such as shin splints.
- Wear good shoes for your ability and style. It is useful for a beginner to buy shoes at a store with a return policy (i.e. allows returns after running in the shoes). Sometimes that pain is not your form, or your level of experience, but the wrong shoes.
- Have fun! If you are not having fun, you will quit. Go your own speed, take breaks, talk with friends. You are outside getting fresh air - that is always fun!
- Avoid traffic. Be careful if you choose to wear headphones. You might not hear the cars.
- Don't give up! You might feel lazy, but as soon as you lace up your shoes and get outside you will feel better.