ALBANY CARES PROGRAM OFFERING SERVICES DURING CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK
While City facilities are closed, assistance and referrals to human services remain available in Albany during the COVID-19 outbreak. If you are experiencing homelessness, and/or if you need help while sheltered in your home or know someone who does, please contact our Albany CARES hotline to reach Human Services Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm at 1 + (510) 524-9122. After hours, please contact 211 here.
Assistance and referrals to services include:
- Meals-on-Wheels delivery
- "Pick-up-and-go" meals available at the Albany Senior Center Monday-Friday 12:00pm-1:00pm
- Groceries: The Mercy Brown Bag Program will be delivering food items at the Senior Center on every other Friday. Bags of groceries will be filled and delivered by city staff to low-income seniors in Albany.
- Shelter and Housing
Additionally, the following services are available to qualifying Albany residents:
- The Berkeley Food Network pantry will remain open to Berkeley and Albany residents at their 1925 Ninth Street location at the following times:
- Monday – Thursday – 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Monday & Wednesday – 5:00pm – 7:00 pm
- 1st & 3rd Saturdays – 10:00am to 12:00 noon
- The Berkeley Food Pantry will will remain open to Berkeley and Albany residents at their 1600 Sacramento Street location at the following times:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 2:00pm – 4:00pm
The Albany Unified School District will provide grab-and go breakfast and lunch for students March 16-April 3 (Monday-Friday) between 11:00am-1:00pm at the Albany High School Cafeteria, 603 Key Route Blvd.
A portable toilet and hand washing station is available for use in the Albany Community Center parking lot at 1249 Marin Avenue. Additionally, the City of Albany is partnering with Alameda County—the lead public health agency—to prevent the spread of COVID-19 among unsheltered residents through partnerships with local assistance providers.
For up-to-date information on the COVID-19 outbreak, please visit the City's Coronavirus Response & Resources webpage.
City of Albany COVID-19 - Recorded Hotline: 1 + (510) 528-5713